What are your favorite Haunted Places?
Andybev01
Halloween Master
What is the highest number?: 9

Pennhurst Hospital (?)

Post by Andybev01 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Whoa...I haven't done much searching on this place

http://www.flickr.com/photos/breath_les ... 29/?page=6

but who wouldn't want to make this into a haunted resort??
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Ghost
Master Reaper

Re: Pennhurst Hospital (?)

Post by Ghost » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:08 pm

Yet another great topic not noticed untila year or two later. :( But I gotta say that that hospital is great haunting material. :D Especially since it was a phsicatric hospital. (forgive my spelling)

Ghost
Master Reaper

Post by Ghost » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Now that I look back it was only a few months. :oops: But I see so many posts with a great topic written a while back with no replies, I guess "2008" looked like 2006 or something. Guess that's what happens when you skim!

Andybev01
Halloween Master

Post by Andybev01 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:14 pm

I know what you mean, the psycho slant makes it that much more interesting.
All you that doth my grave pass by,
As you are now so once was I,
As I am now so you must be,
Prepare for death & follow me.

Hallow's Queen
Haunt Master

Post by Hallow's Queen » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:46 pm

thats goin to be a goal in life- to see a crazy ghost infested hospital >:)
H a l l o w ' s Q u e e n

Image Image

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:55 am

I haven't been able to find anything about it as it relates to haunting. Everything from witness' that have written about it say they didn't see anything.

http://www.strangeusa.com/ViewLocation. ... ionid=8702

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:13 pm

Abandoned Psyciatric hospitals are notorious for hauntings. They were dens of human misery, and often they were used to "wearhouse" unwanted people who really didn't belong there. A lot of Altsheimers patiends were confined to mental institutions, and many suffered within the walls of these institutions.

Manteno was notorious for such suffering, and before it was demonished in the early 90s, sightings of ghosts, orbs, and other apperitions abounded.

Abandoned prisons are another horendous source of ghost and paranormal stories. The Tower of London was notorious for people seing headless victims walkign around carrying their dismembered heads, and hearing the screams of torture victims crying out in the night.

Any kind of a place, where human beings were confined against their will, tortured, abused, neglected and tormented is serious fodder for paranormal sightings.

Mike

TheGreatPumpkin
Master Reaper

Post by TheGreatPumpkin » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:49 am

Perhaps people were just too scared to write it out and re-live it. I was surprised that no one "saw anything" but perhaps I didn't look too many places for information.

Pumpkin_Man
Halloween Master

Post by Pumpkin_Man » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Like I said, when they decided to clos down the Manteno Mental Health Center, there were all kinds of storie and sightings comming out of that place. Kids would go there for Halloween or just to look for 'cheap thrills,' and many people reported seeing "orbs," lights and shadows that aren't supposed to be there, and hearing screams of tortured victims.

Romors of hauntings are typical of places where various sorts of evil went on. "Snake pit" type mental institutions like Manteno were often rife with corruption, orderlies raping or molessting patients, physical abuse and even torture, not to mention that the mental disorders suffered by these patients were often horrid sufferings in and of themselvs. Many criminaly insane people were also wearhoused inthese institutions, and that all adds to the intrigue and stories surroundign these places. Abandoned prisons are also rife with such tales of horror.

I've visited Manteno after it was closed a couple of times, before it was torn down. It was a fascinating tour into human suffering. They even put children in that place, who likewise fell victim to curruption. But I did nto see anything of a paranormal nature, however. The place REEKED, however. So dadly, in fact, that I could only stand it for about half an hour and then I had to get out of there.

Mike