November 25, 1999 archive
Goes great with turkey and ham.
1. About 3lbs whole potatoes, peeled, boiled, and mashed with milk
2. Melt one stick margarine in frying pan
3. Saute — 2 stalks celery (chopped) and one small onion (chopped) until soft and onion is golden. Do Not Brown
4. Add 3 slices of firm bread cut into cubes — mix in well (add more margarine if needed)
5. continue sauteeing until bread is golden
6. Beat 2 large eggs into mashed potatoes
7. Mix in onions, celery, bread — blend well.
8. Place in casserole dish — dot with margarine and bake in 350′ oven until top is puffy and golden (about 1/2 hour if mixture is warm when goes into oven, about 1 hour if taken from fridge).