November 30, 2014 archive
New FAQ Questions for 2014!
Some of the questions I’ve gotten this year are below! They aren’t answered in Santa’s FAQ Page, so we’ll keep updating them here:
1. Madyson asked “Do you know [a specific person]?” Well, you know the song, “he knows if you’ve been bad or good…” That doesn’t just mean you, but it means you, your friends and their friends, and their friend’s friends and so on. So that is a lot of people, so the answer is yes, I do know them!
2. Andrea, who is 9, asked “How fast is your sleigh?” Well, Andrea, the sleigh can go really, really fast. It needs to go fast to get all the toys delivered for the kids each year! Sometimes we go slow in it, when we are coming in to land, sometimes we go fast! Faster than a jet airplane even! Santa’s Christmas magic helps us deliver presents all over!
3. We had a question about when some of the Reindeer’s birthdays are, and we have that information here.
4. Jordon asks, “will Santa still come if we have no Christmas tree, cookies or milk“? Yes Jordon, Santa will still come even if you don’t have a Christmas tree, cookies or milk! Just be good and considerate of your family and friends and Santa will come!
5. Austin asks, “how much do you weigh after all the snacks you eat around the world?” Fortunately delivering all those presents, climbing up and down chimneys, helping the reindeer and the like is a lot of work so it burns a lot of calories from all that food! Also, Santa’s Christmas magic helps keep him from gaining too much weight! We generally eat healthy food up here at the North Pole the rest of the year!
6. Samarah asks (as do many other people!) “How does Santa Claus get in my house because I do not have a chimney in my home and the door might be locked?” Santa Claus uses his Christmas magic to get into houses that don’t have chimneys. He can pop a quick chimney in the house, come down the chimney, deliver presents, go back out and, poof, the chimney is gone. If necessary, Santa has a special Christmas Key that can help him with locks. But that is usually not needed!
7. Caleb askes “Is my brother or sister on the naughty list?” While Santa and the Elves know who is on the naughty and nice list, we can’t tell the answer to you right now! Someone might get back on the nice list or get off the nice list! The BB&G list (Bad Boys and Girls list) changes based on how everyone is behaving and has behaved! This answer applies to all those types of questions about whether someone is on the naughty or nice list! Ho ho ho!
8. Samarah asks “how Santa Claus knows where I live and if I move how does Santa Claus know where we live?” Santa Claus has Christmas magic to help, plus he has a lot of helpers – Elves, Reindeer, Dogs and Cats etc – who help him keep track of things.
9. Lexi asks, “Hey Santa! I was wondering has anyone ever seen you put presents under the tree?” Well Lexi, it has happened a few times, not very often, but sometimes someone really needed to see Santa so the elves made sure they got to!
10. Cody asks, “what makes Rudolph’s nose shine red? Why can’t it be green?” Well Cody, you know how your blood is red? Reindeer have red blood just like we do! So the red blood makes his nose shine red. If you get your mom and dad to shine a flashlight through your hand, you’ll see your hand look a bit red! I suppose Rudolph could put a filter on his nose to change the color, but he hasn’t tried it yet! He might even be able to use some Christmas Magic to change it too!
11. Do you do test flights? Yes, sometimes we do test flights on the sleigh, plus the reindeer like flying and it is very fun!
12. How often do you check the lists? We check the naughty and nice lists at least twice, sometimes more. Usually the day before Halloween is the first Christmas check (although we do look at them throughout the year when parents ask!), and then again for sure on December 23rd. Although we do check in between fairly often.
13. Do you like beer? Well, beer and other alcoholic beverages are not good when you are flying, so we make sure not do drink and drive the sleigh! Beer and other alcoholic drinks are an acquired taste, and I tend to avoid them!
14. Do reindeer ever get replaced? The reindeer are protected by Christmas magic, so while we do have lots of reindeer who like to fly with the sleigh and can do so, we usually use the same team. Sometimes we have a special red-nosed reindeer to help out, other times when the weather cooperates, he stays home to help out there!
15. What if someone on the naughty and nice list wanted coal for a present, what would you do? That is a tricky question, but they would probably just get nothing from Santa!
Keep checking back, because we’ll try to add answers to more questions as the season progresses!
And for everyone writing in saying they love Santa, we’ll, I love you all too! Ho Ho ho! Let’s make this a fun time (and a great year for 2015) by being nice and helpful to your family and friends, extra nice to your parents and brothers and sisters!
Remember, if you want to send in your gift list, send it to the Santa’s email address on this page and I’ll write you back, or you can post it on this page – but you won’t get an email back on that page.
I’m sure we’ll have a new 2015 FAQ page because there certainly are some creative questions!
Tracking me! – aka Tracking Santa Claus
Are you curious where Santa Claus is now? Well, you can know where I am just by following along with the map below. You can track Santa Claus here.
NORAD, Google and others try to track me using radar and other technology and their efforts are really very cool to see! I love how they apply technology to the problem to see where I am.
With the Santa Tracking map here, I don’t have to be tracked since I just send my position back to the elves at the North Pole who then can update the map with real-time position updates. The map below shows the area that I am working in at the time. With Christmas magic it makes it possible to deliver presents all over the world in the course of a very long night. The reindeer and I (with the occasional help from the Elves) begin delivering presents once it hits Christmas Eve night somewhere in the world.
We begin delivering presents at the International date line (which is roughly on the right-hand side of the map that NASA has provided, below). Then we work our way west through the Eastern parts of Asia, Australia, back to the middle of Asia, through the middle-east, Africa, Europe, South America, North America (including the United States, Mexico, Central America, and Canada of course), then we hit Alaska and the Pacific east of the International date line. It is a hectic time, but every year has wonderful and wondrous moments. We see the stars and the moon through clear skies, through rain, through snow, and through clouds. Every year it is beautiful and unique.
While the Elves know which house we are visiting every moment, computers are not fast enough to update it in real-time. Google and NORAD may show slightly different locations since they are relying upon extra sensors, but they’ll be close! We try to wave to NORAD and various others whenever we see them in the sky!
The Santa Claus map has a countdown to when we begin our flight on Christmas Eve!
You can pop the Santa Claus Tracker into a new window.
(Thanks to NASA for satellite images for the tracker!)
Email letters to Santa Claus
You can email your letters to Santa Claus and see what he says back! Santa checks his email pretty often although sometimes he is working with the Elves or playing with the reindeer. Some of Santa’s pets have been known to hop on the computer and sometimes write back, so you never know what you will get! Since 1994, Santa’s email address has been santa@SantaClaus.com
Santa has used email to send 10s of million email replies over the past 20+ years!
(Santa doesn’t store your email address let alone sell it to anyone else, just in case you were worried. He is not a fan of spam – you’d be surprised at the number of people who send spam to Santa Claus!).
[If you send Santa your Christmas list or wish list in the area below, it won’t get posted or get a response, that is what the email address is for. If you just wish to post your list without getting a response, you can do so here: https://b3db350a1d.nxcli.net/wish-list/].