Perfect for entertaining
1. Mix 1/2 cup margarine, 4 eggs, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour, and 16 oz Hershey’s syrup
2. grease a 9 x13″ jelly roll pan
3. Bake at 350′ for 25-30 minutes
5. Melt 1 and 1/2 sticks of margarine and mix with 3 cups powdered sugar and 1 teas. mint extract.
6. Spread on first layer
8. Melt 1 and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 3 squares of bakers chocolate, and 1 stick margarine.
10. Spread on top
Perfect for Christmas and Thanksgiving
Goes well with vanilla ice cream and hard sauce
2 cups flour
1 and 1/2 cups of sugar
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2lb of butter or margarine (melted)
1 T cinnamon
1 T baking soda
1/2 T ground cloves
1. Blend sugar and butter thoroughly. Add eggs, buttermilk, flour. Mix.
2. Add cinnamon, baking soda, and cloves. Mix well.
3. Grease and flour baking dish.
4. Bake in pre-heated oven at 350′ for 50 minutes or longer if necessary.
5. Cool and ice.
Spice Cake Icing
1 stick of butter
1 box of confectioners sugar
1 T of vanilla
1-3 T of milk
1. Cream butter and gradually add confectioners sugar.
2. Add milk as needed to keep frosting at spreading consistency
3. Add vanilla
4. Frost cake when completely cool.
3 and 1/4 cups flour
1.2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cloves
1 cup salted butter, softened
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
1 large egg
1/2 cup unsulfered molasses
2/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 – 2 tsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 325′
2. Whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, ginger, and cloves
3. Cream butter and sugar. Scrape down sides of bowl. Add egg and molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth.
4. Scrape down bowl and add flour mixture, blend on low speed until just combined — do not over mix!
5. Separate dough into 2 balls and flatten into disks. Wrap each disk tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
6. On floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough out to 1/4″ thickness. With floured cookie cutters cut into shapes. Gather scraps and re-roll dough until all is used. Place on ungreased baking sheets about 1/2″ apart.
7. Bake 9-11 minutes — do not brown. Transfer to cool, flat surface and cool.
1. Whisk sugar and milk until smooth but still liquid.
2. Add extra milk if seems dry.
3. Spoon icing into a pastry bag with small piping tip, or other icing dispenser.
4. Decorate as desired.